Thank you for the kindness expressed through your comments...words put together in just the right way really do convey a sentiment that goes deep. I sense your friendship and it makes me smile. So thanks. I am encouraged by you to push through what I am calling my post-holiday writer's block.
The remedy: just write.
A few weeks ago, I read everyone's blogs. Nothing popped out that could hold up a new post. But because of the deadline pressure I was under, I started to get frustrated. Come on creative juices, start flowing! Nothing happened.
So instead of looking at the content of your blogs, I started staring blankly at your form. And by form, I mean how you format your posts. And there in my computer screen-induced stupor was the answer to my blog post prayer: Offer a few layout suggestions that would help create a soothing and easily readable post.
Create more white space in your posts
- add more space between photos so they are not piled up on each other
- create more paragraphs to break up long text
Create balance and interest
- place photos with some on the left and then some on the right.
- vary the size of the photos you upload
- use subheadings to portion off your writing
- use colored font judiciously
- create a blog color scheme with your fonts, background, headers that is soothing to the eye
Create something that looks like it won't take much time to read
- keep it under 500 words.
- use lots of small paragraphs
- have a great first sentence...oops, that's about content.