Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Read My Writing: Compelled to Respond





When we read courageous pieces our hearts are stirred. Sometimes we are compelled to respond. This woman was. So our featured piece is her response to our post last week.


Prayer for Those Faraway

by Grace @ Sacred Space

I've been reading blogs this morning from sisters around the world that I am virtually connected to through Women of the Harvest . Real women with messy lives living in challenging circumstances. Many of us glamorize missionaries, or think that they are somehow more spiritual than the rest of us, that they've been given extra measures of strength to live in difficult circumstances. Not true. I so admire these women and families who have followed the Shepherd to the field where He leads them. And, I pray that all of us will listen to the leading of the Shepherd in our own lives and that during this Christmas season our feet will bring good news of peace to a broken, fearful world.

"Dear Jesus, I abide with you this morning for my sisters around the world who have left homes, family, familiarity and comfort to take your message of salvation to your children. It's December Lord, and good or bad, we all have expectations of what this month should bring.

I pray for those far from families they love and long to be with, comfort them Dear Comforter. Give them joy like Peter knew...beyond expression!

I pray for those who are lonely and disillusioned, strengthen them Lord. with the strength you gave David when he was in a foreign land feeling so alone.

I pray for those whose marriages are being tested beyond what they think they can handle due to internal and external pressures inherent in marriage, but exacerbated in foreign cultures; give them patience and endurance as they hope in Your ability to give them wisdom and discernment.

I pray for mommies who are trying to love, discipline and educate their children. That is a challenge in 'normal' life, but even greater on different soil.

Give us all sensitive ears to your still, quiet voice as You guide us each moment to the path of life, the path of peace, the path of restoration every moment. Bless my precious sisters, Your chosen daughters, abundantly this Christmas Lord. Lift their heads to You and not to people near or far that they feel could meet some need they have. Remind them of Your lavish love, Your deep delight in them, and let them hear Your voice singing over them, rejoicing that they are Yours. Hold them close. In Your tender mercy, amen."

_______________________________________________________

Thank you, Grace. I love when the Spirit moves. Amen. [I couldn't help noticing that your prayer post was after a two month pause in your blogging--love that!]

5 comments:

Linda said...

Your words and your prayer move me to tears.

I no longer live on the mission field but I remember so well what you said: "Real women with messy lives living in challenging circumstances. Many of us glamorize missionaries, or think that they are somehow more spiritual than the rest of us, that they've been given extra measures of strength to live in difficult circumstances. Not true."

Bless you for your sensitive heart, and I join you in praying for dear women around the world at this time of year.

Linda

Alida Sharp said...

Amen! Thank you, Grace...I am one of those real women. I truly appreciate your words, your sensitivity and the compassion your prayer is filled with.

joy & blessings,
Alida

Betsy de Cruz said...

Thank you, Grace, for this prayer. I'm one of those women, too, like Alida and Linda!

Right now I'm at a low point, missing family and discouraged over the difficulty of the work. I've been in the Middle East long enough to know that ups and downs are part of the territory, but your prayer really encourages me just now. Thanks so much.

us5 said...

thank you so very much, Grace. this sweetness blesses my heart this morning...

Nancy said...

I just found this blog and your comment today. Thank you! Your prayer made me feel so loved after a difficult past few months. I'm also one of those "real women".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...